Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Tool # 8

I have learned how to set up and sync my iPad from my computer and also how to use Dropbox to get content on to the iPad.

Classroom management of the devices is very important.  I have a lot of experience in this already because of the 16 Macbooks I have had in my classroom for the past two years.  I have used a sign-out sheet for the devices and also assigned certain devices to students.  I also have strict rules about eating and drinking near these devices and a procedure in place for how they will be taken out and put away each day.  I really like the idea of creating my groups of experts in the classroom to troubleshoot problems that will inevitably arise.

1 comment:

  1. We really need to get that video updated! With iOS 5 you no longer need to actually sync the device!

    And, those really techy kids will really enjoy being the experts!

    ReplyDelete